The New York Heritage Digital Collections website, a project of the NY3Rs, provides the public with free access to digitized collections of historical and cultural interest in New York State (http://www.nyheritage.org).
Libraries and cultural organizations in RRLC’s 5-county service area (Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Wayne and Wyoming Counties) can contribute digital objects to New York Heritage Digital Collections if they are current RRLC members at the affiliate level or higher.
New York Heritage members are provided with an installation of OCLC’s CONTENTdm™ software. CONTENTdm is designed to help libraries store, manage, and deliver their digital collections to the Web. It can store any type of file, so libraries' special collections become fully searchable online resources available from any Web browser.
Participating organizations also receive:
- Server space to store digital collections;
- Individual digitization training and consulting (either on-site or at RRLC) at no additional cost;
- Ability to borrow the Flip-Pal mobile scanner for a limited time;
- A collections page on the New York Heritage website for each organization or group contributing;
- Increased visibility of the organization’s collections by the greater public, an improved community value, and an online presence to share with funding sources
- Access to RRLC’s training lab equipped with a PC and an Epson Perfection V700 scanner (11 x 17 in scanning surface, media transparency adapter included). If you are interested in using RRLC’s equipment, call RRLC to make arrangements.
Want to learn some tips and tricks to make working with CONTENTdm even easier? RRLC has created CONTENTdm QuickTips, which are overviews of features and tools related to CONTENTdm work.
2013 Minutes for RRLC's Local Steering Committee:
April 2013 Meeting Minutes
If you'd like to be part of our regional digitization efforts, please contact RRLC, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 585.223.7570.
2013 Minutes for New York Heritage Task Groups
No new minutes available.