In order to ensure that library materials are available quickly where they are needed, RRLC coordinates a delivery service for its member libraries. The RRLC delivery service connects the major academic and other libraries in the region with the public and school libraries through their system offices. The RRLC delivery service is an essential support for many of our library members, making it possible to expand access to their collections and services for their users. RRLC provides two delivery options: Courier Service and UPS CampusShip.
Courier: RRLC contracts with Jet-X for courier services. RRLC member libraries pay a shared cost fee for this service. Special pick-ups and delivery can be arranged for an additional fee. RRLC delivery runs Monday through Friday, except major holidays, at the libraries on the delivery schedule. Routes and times are subject to change.
RRLC offers a group subscription to UPS CampusShip for any RRLC member library. With UPS CampusShip, there is:
- An easy to use Web-based shipping system. Any library with access to the Internet can use UPS CampusShip.
- Next day delivery (by close of business) for delivery in most of NYS.
- A shared corporate address book.
- Centralized billing. RRLC pays UPS and invoices your library on a schedule to meet your needs.
- NYS contract pricing. The average cost savings over UPS “list” price is approximately 25%.
- UPS tracking of every package.
NOTE: Libraries must drop off package at a UPS drop box or pickup site. This service does not include package pickup.
For more information about the RRLC Courier service or UPS CampusShip, how to participate, and the costs, contact Janet Altimonda by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Janet at 585-223-7570.